5. March 2012 20:40
We love Release Day and announcing to the world that Sueetie Version 4.0 is now available in the Sueetie Marketplace. We think you’ll agree that Version 4.0 takes Sueetie to the next level, fully capable of serving not only as a feature-rich Online Community, but as an Enterprise Social Networking Platform as well.
Version 4.0 was seven months in the making, where historically new versions were released every 2-to-3 months. We planned all along for a longer upgrade cycle for v4.0 so we could remain heads-down on cranking out new Sueetie features. And there are a LOT of ‘em.
- New Wall Application. The new Wall Application brings Sueetie Communities their own Facebook and Google+ type of Wall experience. Communities can create multiple walls, with Image Support, File Attachments, RSS, Integrated Search and Tags, Embedded Media, Taxonomies and more.
- New Registration options include Invitation-Only and, drumroll please, Active Directory Support.
- Licensing Model rewritten from the ground up. Product Keys are no longer required for users of the free Community Edition and there are 3 different Premium Editions available. We also created License Booster Packs to increase feature support as an option to upgrading to the next edition.
- Subfolder configuration. Sueetie communities can now be run in a subfolder which makes Intranet application integration and multiple community environments possible.
- Serious Marketplace improvements. Authorize.NET SIM and AIM Payment integration, Product Reviews, RSS, In-Page Product Editing, Shopping Carts and more.
- Constant Contact Integration. Full support for using site membership processes to create Constant Contact subscription lists, with users able to manage their subscriptions from their member dashboard.
- Gallery Server Pro v2.6. Gallery Server Pro was upgraded to v2.6 with a sweeeet media upload function that you have to see to believe.
- Huge CMS Update. Can now move and duplicate pages among CMS groups, new MetaKeywords, MetaDescription and Abstract properties, can hide pages from navigation list, CMS administration area rewritten, new Global CMS Page List View Control and more.
- Lots of other updates. Lollipop Theme Revamp, WCF Multiple-host support for Corporate environments, all deleted application content (forum messages, blog posts, etc) now removed from global search, single configuration string for entire community, Site Activity Log updates and much more.
To view the entire list of updates as they occurred over the development cycle, check out the Sueetie Changelog. To experience an exact copy of what you’ll see out of the box when you install Version 4.0 check out the revamped http://gummybear.sueetie.com.
As we mentioned, the Sueetie Licensing Model has been redesigned from the ground up and Product Keys after the 30-Day Trial are no longer required. The free and premium features are now clearly delineated, with each edition’s supported features also well-defined. You can view the new licensing model and prices on the new Compare Editions chart.
We love using all of the features in Sueetie Version 4.0 and hope you will, too. Don’t worry, there are even more good things coming in v4.1. Download and enjoy all of the new features in Version 4.0. We’ll get cracking on 4.1!